What We Do
Our deep experience in futures, strategy, organisation design and transformational change enables us to craft bespoke strategy that is relevant in a fast changing world and capable of being executed rapidly and sustainably.
Our clients transcend the public and private sectors, commercial and social enterprises as well as philanthropic foundations. Our most important client acquisition criteria is simple – will this make a positive difference in the world?
- Strategic research and analysis
Design and implement optimised strategy crafting, navigation and execution processes
- Design and facilitate strategy workshops and reviews
- Design and facilitate business model innovation workshops
- Craft, articulate and deconstruct strategy into compelling documents, plans, kpis and execution pathways
- Design and facilitate large scale employee / stakeholder strategic engagement and alignment workshops and processes
We are masters in the art of using the appropriate futures methodologies and tools to research, analyse and interpret data, to transform it into rich strategic intelligence and pragmatic, implementable solutions. We don’t predict the future, we build plausible opportunity-based scenarios against which important strategic and operational decisions can be made. In this way we inform the design of products, services and solutions that deliver real future value. From strategy, organisation design, innovation capability to imagining the digitally enabled workplace of the future – futures thinking and purposeful choices inform success.
- Research and develop Future Scans informing industry, product and marketplace analysis – ‘The Future of …’
- Facilitate product, packaging, brand, experience, service and solutions ideation
- Facilitate Design Thinking sprints, scrums and capability building
- Design and facilitate scenario planning initiatives
CHANGE & TRANSFORMATION
Change is all about ways of accelerating and sustaining success – at an individual, team, divisional, organisational and ecosystems level. It requires deep understanding of neuroscience, resistance and collective engagement. Our two most important mantras are borrowed from some of the greatest thought leaders in this field – ‘Organisations don’t change – it is people within organisations that change’ (Anon) and ‘People don’t resist change, they resist being changed!’ (Peter Senge).
Everything that we do is informed by change philosophy and practice – it infuses the way we engage and design workshops. We have worked and learnt, standing on the shoulders of many of the masters of transformational change. We are deeply grateful for their generosity of spirit, their advice, support and teaching each and every day. It is in this way that we have mastered approaches such as Design Thinking, Real Time Strategic Change, Appreciative Inquiry, Future Search, the Conference Model, Polarity Thinking and Open Space. We situationally harness and integrate the best of our learnings into bespoke change designs and processes.
- Support, advise and guide change leaders
- Design appropriate change processes – transformational, transitional and developmental
Capacitate, train and support change practitioners
- Design and develop bespoke change methodologies and toolkits
- Facilitate conflict, dysfunction and complexity simplification processes
- Infuse strategic transformation processes with change approaches and tools
In today’s world not all of an organisation’s work is performed by employees – this means we need to understand the broader ecosystem and how it comes together to deliver value. Contingent employees, digital nomads, out-sourced specialists, consultants and strategic business partners are all part of the new expanded view of organisations. We ignore this holistic view at our peril.
Designing flattened, responsive and agile organisations resilient in the face of ongoing change requires deep experience, an understanding of the simplicity within complexity and engagement at all levels. Developing digitally interconnected structures, work-places and ways of working in today’s multi-generational organisation requires a breadth of understanding of technology, change and process innovation. We understand that innovative organisation design is the ultimate enabler of strategy execution. This is our daily mission. It’s our world of immersion in our clients reality, our deep expertise and passion.
- Design optimised, engaged, resilient and Futurefit organisations
- Organisation design audits, assessments and reviews
- Lead, facilitate and support structural change interventions
- Facilitate ‘ecosystem in the room’ ideation, visioning and planning
INNOVATION & DESIGN THINKING
We have over fifty years of collective experience in innovation at corporate, business unit, brand and product levels, working with clients to set up their Front-End Innovation structures and training people to use methodologies such as Design Thinking to support the implementation of Innovation projects.
We configure and customize Design Thinking to suit specific organizational contexts and develop tools within the approach based upon a client’s specific requirements.
KEYNOTES & CONFERENCES
Examples of recent or current speaking engagements include:
- Employee engagement in the future world of work – 2019 All Africa Employee Engagement Conference
- The African Continental Free Trade Agreement – adapting to change or creating further barriers to trade for business? – 2019 Cosmetic Industry Summit
- Futures Masterclass – 2019 Innovation Summit
Please call us, we would
love to hear from you
We look forward to your email: